The course is eight weeks, starting Friday October 24 and ending Thursday December 18, 2014. Each week, you will take on a key part of the role of a math circle leader, from planning and documenting activities to reaching out to the larger leader communities. By the end of the course, participants will conduct at least one circle and be ready to run ongoing meetings in the new year.
- Week 1: Types of circles. Types of circles that are right for you.
- Week 2: Logistics – time, tasks, place, money, people.
- Week 3: Content and where to get it. Creative borrowing and making math your own.
- Week 4: Your values: what it is really all about. Value-driven daily practice.
- Week 5: Circles under a microscope: high-comfort zone. Meeting experienced leaders.
- Week 6: Circles under a microscope: get comfortable being uncomfortable. Your stretch goals and learning journeys.
- Week 7: Just do it. Leading and documenting a sample circle.
- Week 8: Reflect and share. End-of-course celebration!
Full information is at the Math Circles 1001 Leaders Course page.